I am so excited to be hosting my best friends Baby Shower. I am so grateful she asked me and literally cannot wait for the day! I have been actively planning for the past month and have made Pinterest my best friend. For events, parties or showers I always urge everyone to use Pinterest. People post so many wonderful ideas along with DIY how-to’s and if you are crafty and have some time you can definitley do some creative fun things for your parties.
Here are some of my tips I would like to share with you:
- Think of a theme – ask the mum to be. It is a great guideline and keeps the decor in line
- Pin away! Pinterest will help you see different ideas, and hone in on what you are wanting
- Backdrops – this can be a tough one and can get expensive. I usually use a simple wrapping paper and then accessorize with balloons, tissue pom poms etc.
- Table decor – Don’t over do it. I find using food tent cards, neutral plating and using food with theme colours do the best. Some fun straws, cupcake flags and pretty drinks should do the trick.
- Cake! It is all about the cake – Let that be the centre piece. My mum is a cake decorator so I am fortunate to have awesome cakes. But for this upcoming Baby Shower I would like to try my hand and make one just for her.
The theme for my friends shower will be animal print with gold details. I am doing soft colours with big sparkle! I don’t want to share too much as I don’t want to spoil her surprise. Here is a sneak peek from what I have been up to.
Happy Party Planning!