As I have mentioned before I love Pinterest and recently found my new DIY project, gold painted mason jars. So glam and pretty. I thought it would be great for my vanity and also for my friends upcoming baby shower. I am thinking of using them to hold cutlery. Such an easy project and they look great!
Here is how I made them:
- Pick up some Mason Jars any size you like. I got mine at my local grocery store
- Krylon Gold Premium Spray paint, I picked it up at Michael’s only $8 with my coupon 🙂
- You will need to thoroughly wash your jars and ensure they are completely dry.
- Rub them down with some rubbing alcohol on a cotton pad to get rid of any oils.
- Set up in an open area like your backyard. You don’t want to be spraying inside your home.
- Put down some garbage bags or cardboard to protect the floor.
- Put the jars open side down on the surface and spray an even coat 10 – 12 inches away from the jar.
- Let them dry for 4 – 5 minutes before applying the next coat.
- They take about 5 minutes to completely dry I let them sit overnight just to be sure!
Done! I think next time I will spray with a sealant just to give it a bit of gloss and a clean finish. Next time I want to try chalk paint with a pastel coat over – more rustic chic.
Have you tried any mason jar crafts?