The celeb trend that is rubbing off on just about everyone is the obsession over long thick luxurious lashes. Whether your fortunate to be blessed with lashes for days, have been faking it til’ you make it or are just trying every thing out there I think I have found the holy grail! Or at least I like to think I have.
As an avid curl-a-holic, my lashes have thinned out over the years. I have been avidly curling them since I was probably 14 or 15, needless to say it caused them to be sparse and thin. Unfortunately, unlike my husband and tot I don’t have curly lashes mine go straight down. I used to use falsies for special occasions and nights out but all I wanted was my youthful lashes back and more. Then came along latisse! I bumped into the product a little while ago but I was a little skeptic, fast forward 2 years and my optometrist was carrying it! I was actually there for Kiyan’s eye appointment but couldn’t resist asking the doc how she felt about Latisse. She told me it was a great product and all I would need to do is book an appointment with her to ensure I could use it and I would be on my way. So, yessss, I did! 2 months later I friggin love it! My lashes are definitely longer. At the 2 month mark I went to visit my optometrist for a lash growth measurement. I started at 3.5mm and I am up to 5mm – amazing! I try not to wear mascara daily so I am not continually curling my lashes. I guess you live and learn. Check out my before and after:
Pretty cool right! Here are some of my prs and cons on the product:
- Red & Itchy Eyes: I found using it daily makes your eyes a little itchy and red – Combat this by using it every other day, you still get awesome growth
- A lot of wasted product – I found that the brushes they give you are far too big and dispensing an entire drop on the brush was just wasteful. I opted to cut the brushes in half at the base and put a drop of the product in a clean dish and then apply. Less messy and 1 drop is good for both eyes
- Stops working when you stop using: You have to maintain your lashes once you have run the course of the treatment otherwise your lashes will return to their natural state. Understandable as our lashes are always shedding but it is a shame!
- Lash length almost doubles!
- Long dark lashes in no time.
- Easy to use – Its super easy to apply and only adds a minute or so to your nightly routine
- Cost Effective – When you compare to getting false lashes applied every 3 weeks this is a much better and safer alternative – and their your own lashes!
Overall I would definitely suggest trying out Latisse – I’m hooked!